Galaxy Quest: The Journey Continues is a follow series to the original Galaxy Quest, it first aired over 17 years after the original series was cancelled and reunited the entire cast.
After the cast arrived back on earth from their adventures with the Thermians there was a government cover-up, the events were passed off as a promotional stunt. For the first time in 18 years the cast of Galaxy Quest was famous for something other than being famous.
After the events concerning The Judgement Ship the pilot was aired, the Thermians picked up the show from orbit, their signal overwhelming human communications. As a result the pilot episode was played on every single channel, almost ensuring that it would be picked up for series.
- Jason Nesmith as Commander Peter Quincy Taggart
- Alexander Dane as Dr. Lazarus
- Gwen Demarco as Tawny Madison
- Fred Kwan as Tech Sergeant Chen
- Jane Doe as Laliari
- Tommy Webber as Laredo
- Guy Fleegman as Roc Ingersol
The first episode was a two-hour pilot (which would presumably be split for syndication) and was aired as a tv-movie. Not much is known about it but it ended with the Commander having to disarm a Beryllium Particle Mine, it is unknown if he survived as the pilot ended on a cliffhanger.
- Alexander Dane negotiated in his contract to have his character Dr. Lazarus killed off if the pilot went to series.
- Guy Fleegman was in talks with the studio concerning a possible spinoff that would have been called Roc Academy.
- Commander Peter Quincy Taggarts name is misspelled in the intro-credits.